Map of the Places Visited Throughout the Book

Map of the Places Visited Throughout the Book
http://www.geographicguide.net/europe/maps-europe/maps/europe-political.jpg

Paris, France--La Ville De L'amour

I have actually been to Paris. I went this past summer. It is truly marvelous. I felt so out of place. The buildings are very large and old. There is so much history visible in every monument. I went to all the renowned symbols of Paris. I visited the Place de la Concorde, L’Arc de Triomphe, Les Champs-Elysees, Arc de la Defense, Le Louvre, Notre Dame, and La Tour Eiffel. Since I am not afraid of heights, I climbed all the way to the top of the tower. The lines for the elevators were ever so long. We had to wait for nearly 2 hours to finally reach the top. The weather at the top was freezing since it was night time but the view of Paris from the top of the tower was breathtaking. You could see for miles and miles. The cathedral was beautiful also. I stopped to pray and take pictures. I could actually pray in French because I know the Our Father and the Hail Mary in French. I also climbed to the top of the Arc. That was a nice view of the Champs Elysees. At the Louvre I of course saw the Mona Lisa formally known as the La Joconde; I also saw the Venus de Milo. The Louvre was humongous and would take year to explore every exhibit like the State Hermitage Museum in Russia. The metro is ridiculous. Sometimes the cars get so overcrowded it is nearly impossible to get out. It is also very scary. There are Gypsies roaming around and some very creepy people. Overall I very much enjoyed my promenade en Paris.


 
















French Folk Music & Dance





French Contemporary Music